CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life on Maui

With the Surfboard on Top!


A fitting replacement of bum, major sunburn.


Life on Maui is sweet! The pineapples are sweeter, the water warmer, sun always shining, speed limits slower, humidity higher, waves to surf, ocean to snorkel, and higher starting wages! But yes it is expensive, and sometimes the sweat glands wish they could have a break, but it really is better tan we could have ever imagined. It will be a time we will never forget and never regret. Madi just started working part time at Subway while I am still looking for work. A guy at the Grand Wialea is supposed to give me a call on Friday to see if I'm in. So I surfed for two hours this morning, and went to talk with the manager at Baskin Robbins just in case this doesn't work out. But the manager wasn't there, she never seems to be there. Madi and I have already gone on some sweet adventures. We went upcountry to some waterfalls that have ledges and trees to jump from, to the Iao needle and valley that is rainy and lush, through old lava fields and surfing all along the west coast. We just had some nice southerly swells that brought some good surf. But all this weve been able to do because of our good friend "Trustee Rusty". This is the 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 we bought from some pot smoking hippies in Pa'ia. It has over 270,000 miles on it but really just amazes us at how well and fun it is to drive. It's like driving a slightly bigger than normal Go-Kart. It even sounds and smells like one. It has a bit of trouble in the mornings but once it is warmed up and going it's a smooth ride. We love it. It even has some nice Thule racks to hold our surf boards. Only one door opens, the drivers but the passenger can easily just climb in and out of the window. We just recently put in some new upholstery that we bought at a yard sale. It is an old table cloth that we cut up and sewed in. It looks good and makes the seats seem less dirty. We think it gets around 22 miles a gallon but we arent real sure because we have no fuel gauge. So all is well, were safe, happy and making it all work as we knew it would. Aloha-M&T

1 comments:

MJ said...

You two are having way too much fun. Tyler, good thing I haven't been set apart yet, or I would've been in big trouble for seeing your naked bum! Keep living it up over there. I love you guys and I'll miss you!
-Sister Barker

MTC Address:
Sister Amalia Jane Barker
Canada Toronto West Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

Mission Home:
Sister Amalia Jane Barker
Canada Toronto West Mission
197 County Court Blvd Ste 203
Brampton, ON L6W 4P6
Canada

Hope to hear from you soon!